Reader Question – What Can I Do With All My Empty CD Cases?
- Storage for pressed leaves and flowers.
- Make a lamp.
- Make a mini dry-erase board.
- CD jewel case calendars using your own images.
- Group a few of them by glue or rubber band and make book-ends.
- Give them to your kids to use them as shovels in the sandbox.
- 1 How do you dispose of CD cases?
- 2 Should I throw away CD cases?
- 3 What can you use CD cases for?
- 4 What can I do with old CDs and CD cases?
- 5 What to do with old CDs without cases?
- 6 Are CDs worth anything?
- 7 Is there any reason to keep CDs?
- 8 How do you store CDs without cases?
- 9 Are CDs considered e waste?
- 10 What can you do with old CD binders?
- 11 Can old CD cases be recycled?
- 12 Can you recycle CDs at Target?
- 13 What crafts can I make with old CDs?
How do you dispose of CD cases?
Mail your media to a company like the CD Recycling Center of America or GreenDisk. Make sure to remove any paper sleeves, as these can be recycled with other paper. CD jackets are office paper, and VHS tape sleeves are paperboard.
Should I throw away CD cases?
Don’t just throw them away. Discs and cases do not decompose in landfills, clogging up the environment and posing future problems for us. You can do one of three things, instead: reuse, donate, or recycle.
What can you use CD cases for?
Check out these 15 inspiration photos for upcycling old CD cases (or “jewel cases) in interesting ways!
- CD case chandelier.
- CD case pen holder.
- CD case sapling protector.
- CD case lamp.
- CD case picture frames.
- CD storage planters.
- CD case calendar.
- CD case birdhouse.
What can I do with old CDs and CD cases?
YES, you can recycle them. Your CD and DVD cases are not entirely useless. Even though they come classified as type 6 plastic material, you can still recycle them. Many recycling centers collect them and make them into new plastics.
What to do with old CDs without cases?
If your curbside recycling program doesn’t take CDs or cases, your local recycling center might. Can’t find any local solutions? Try getting in touch with GreenDisk or the CD Recycling Center of America. You can mail your materials to either of these recycling centers.
Are CDs worth anything?
Surprisingly, many record shops still buy and sell used CDs, as do some used-book stores. Still, Fuchs acknowledged that his store only pays about 25 cents per disc (“up to $1 for something really good”), and given the datedness of many people’s CD collections, the staff is very choosy about the shape they’re in.
Is there any reason to keep CDs?
If you’re looking for a superior audio format, CDs are the best deal you’re likely to get. Also, there’s the resale value of CDs and vinyl. It might not be much, but you can sell your old records and CDs online or to record shops; if you buy a digital song, like an mp3 file, there’s no resale value.
How do you store CDs without cases?
CD And DVD Storage Solutions Without Cases The most popular way to hold loose discs is in pockets in a binder or wallet, such as those shown to the right.
Are CDs considered e waste?
Televisions, microwaves, computers and cell phones are all common examples of e-waste. E-waste requires special disposal and has a very specific recycling process, which is why it’s becoming such a problem. What are CDs and DVDs Made of? CD/DVD recycling is so easy because of the materials they’re made of.
What can you do with old CD binders?
You’ll love all of these incredible ideas!
- CD case coasters.
- CD case green house.
- Make a light cube.
- DIY recycled CD cases into wall art.
- Grow grass in a CD case.
- Store your sewing supplies in CD cases (you could store green scrapbook embellishments in them too)
- DIY drawer dividers.
- CD jewel case birdhouse.
Can old CD cases be recycled?
Some cases for discs can be recycled. CD and DVD cases are generally made of plastic number 6. If your recycler does accept the cases, be sure to remove any paper liners first (also recyclable) and plastic film (not recyclable) covering the case. This is what you should do with your old chargers, wires and cables.
Can you recycle CDs at Target?
Target and Best Buy make it easy to recycle optical discs, DVDs and jewel cases by providing collection bins. You can also search listings through the CD Recycling Center of America to find a recycling center in your neighborhood.
What crafts can I make with old CDs?
24 Wonderful DIY Ideas To Do With Old CDs
- Make a beautiful bird bath. meandmydiy.com.
- Turn your old, bland boots into shiny shoes. Mint Hasumy.
- Nailed it: driveway reflector. instructables.com.
- Infinity guitar picks. thinkgeek.com.
- Make a trippy lamp. lumberjocks.com.
- Easy ice scraper. Neven.
- A candle holder.
- Fridge decor.