There are several reasons why an iMac slot-loading drive may all of sudden stop reading CDs. Faulty hardware, an unleveled surface, scratches on a disc and a disc that is stuck in the optical drive all may cause a CD drive to stop responding.
- 1 How do I get my CD to work on my Mac?
- 2 How do I fix my CD drive not reading discs?
- 3 Why is my computer not reading my CD?
- 4 How do I play a CD on my laptop without CD drive?
- 5 How do I know if my CD ROM is working?
- 6 How do I fix hard drive not detected?
- 7 How do I fix the CD DVD icon not showing up on my computer?
- 8 Do laptops not have CD drives anymore?
- 9 When I put a CD in my Computer nothing happens Windows 10?
- 10 Do laptops come with CD players anymore?
How do I get my CD to work on my Mac?
Insert CDs and DVDs into Mac
- Turn the disc label so it faces up or toward you.
- Insert the disc into the optical drive until you feel the drive catch and pull the disc in. You must insert the disc nearly all the way in before the drive pulls it in.
How do I fix my CD drive not reading discs?
Verify the drive status in Device Manager Confirm the drive is listed in Device Manager, and then reinstall the device driver to resolve any error states. Verify that there is no disc loaded in the drive. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager. Double-click DVD/CD-ROM drives to expand the category.
Why is my computer not reading my CD?
Corruption in Windows Try testing the CD-ROM in Safe Mode. If the CD-ROM works in Safe Mode but not in normal Windows, a running program is causing the issue, or the drivers are corrupt. After deleting the CD-ROM, reboot the computer. Windows should then detect the CD-ROM and reinstall it.
How do I play a CD on my laptop without CD drive?
One solution is to simply add an optical drive to the computer. Internal models were standard for many years, but compact computers like ultra slim laptops and all-in-one desktops just don’t have the space them these days. A better option is to use an external CD/DVD-writer that plugs into a USB socket on the computer.
How do I know if my CD ROM is working?
If not, refer to the Dell knowledgebase article Optical Drive is not recognized in Windows.
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, type devmgmt. msc then press the Enter key.
- In the Device Manager window, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives. Verify that the optical disk drive is listed.
How do I fix hard drive not detected?
What to Do When Your External Hard Drive Won’t Show Up
- Make Sure It’s Plugged In and Powered On. Western Digital My Book.
- Try Another USB Port (or Another PC)
- Update Your Drivers.
- Enable and Format the Drive in Disk Management.
- Clean the Disk and Start From Scratch.
- Remove and Test the Bare Drive.
How do I fix the CD DVD icon not showing up on my computer?
Optical Drives (CD/DVD) Icon Not Showing in My Computer Window
- Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It’ll open Registry Editor.
- Now go to following key:
- Look for “UpperFilters” and “LowerFilters” strings in right-side pane.
- Restart the system and now you should have access to your optical drives.
Do laptops not have CD drives anymore?
Whether you wanted to play a new game, install software, or back up and reinstall the operating system, doing so was possible by inserting a small disc into an optical drive. Their storage capacity was often greater than what hard drives could support. However, most new PCs don’t come with an integrated drive anymore.
When I put a CD in my Computer nothing happens Windows 10?
This probably occurs because Windows 10 disables autoplay by default. Hold down the Windows + R keys to open the Run window. Select Browse and navigate to the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive (usually your D drive).
Do laptops come with CD players anymore?
The best laptops with CD drives are growing more and more obsolete as optical drives become extinct in the laptop world. Now that everything can be downloaded straight to our PC, including games, software, music and more, CD and DVD usage is becoming outdated.