Sometimes a CD player will display a “No Disc” error. There are various reasons for this error, from the CD lens eye being dirty to a CD format that is incompatible with the player. Troubleshoot through process of elimination.
What do you do when a CD player says no disc?
Reset the player back to the factory-default specifications. If no discs will play, remove any discs from the player and leave the player powered on with the CD tray opened (if possible) for approximately one hour to resolve the possibility of moisture condensation inside the player.
How do I fix no disc?
Remove the disc from the DVD player. Use a lint-free cloth and some denatured alcohol or water to clean the disc and remove any dust or smudges that may prevent the player from reading it properly. Reinsert the disc into the player and press “Play” to see if cleaning the disc fixes the “NO DISC” error.
Why does my DVD player say no disc?
No-disc errors are usually caused when the DVD or the laser-lens pickup has become dirty and causes the DVD player to not be able to read the DVD. You may need to upgrade to a newer model, most of which accept the latest DVD formats. Clean the laser lens with a DVD laser lens cleaning disc.
How do you fix a DVD that is not reading?
How to Fix Sony or Other DVD Player Not Reading/Loading Disc?
- Check if the disc is placed correctly and if the disc is in good condition. Make sure the disc isn’t put in upside down and also ensure the disc isn’t out of alignment in the loading tray.
- Check DVD player’s loading tray, laser lens and servo alignment.
What do you do if your DVD won’t play?
How to Fix DVD Won’t Play – 7 Solutions
- Solution 1: Check if the DVD type is incompatible with DVD player.
- Solution 2: Clean the dirty DVD or try a different disc.
- Solution 3: Ensure solid connection between DVD player and TV.
- Solution 4: Install Third Party DVD Player Software.
- Solution 5: Update DVD Firmware.
Why won’t my DVD player play my DVD?
Playback problems with a DVD typically are caused by one of four factors: The DVD is dirty and smudged; the laser lens in the DVD player’s disc drive needs cleaning; the DVD player no longer is tracking properly; or the disc is scratched.
How do you reset a DVD player?
On the DVD remote control, press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button to select the SETUP icon. Press the ENTER button. Press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button to select RESET. Press the ENTER button.