Setting up your Linksys Wi-Fi Router without a Setup CD
- Go to the Linksys Support Site.
- Click on the DOWNLOADS / FIRMWARE button.
- Select the Hardware version of your device.
- Locate the Setup Software for your computer and click Download.
- Save the Setup Software and select a location on your computer to save the file.
- 1 How do I setup my Linksys wireless router?
- 2 How do I setup my Linksys router without a computer?
- 3 Can you setup a Linksys router without the app?
- 4 How do I connect my Linksys router to my computer?
- 5 Why won’t my Linksys router connect to the Internet?
- 6 How do I setup my Linksys router without a modem?
- 7 How do I setup my router without Internet?
- 8 Can a router be used without a computer?
- 9 Does my router have to be connected to a computer?
- 10 What is the default password for Linksys router?
- 11 How do I access my Linksys E1200 router settings?
- 12 How do I bypass Linksys Parental Controls?
- 13 How do I connect my Ethernet cable to my wireless router?
How do I setup my Linksys wireless router?
Network cable (for some models).
- 1 Connect Power. Please ensure that you are using the power adapter that came with your router.
- 2 Connect to Modem by Cable/Wire.
- 3 Login.
- 4 Select Password.
- 5 Change SSID and Password.
- 6 Keep Password Secure.
- 7 Deciding to Update.
How do I setup my Linksys router without a computer?
How to set up a Wi-Fi router without a computer
- 1) Plug in your router, and wait a minute or two for it to completely power up.
- 2) Using your smartphone/tablet, turn on your Wi-Fi and connect to your router’s network.
- 3) You will be prompted to provide a password.
- 4) When connected, open your device’s browser.
Can you setup a Linksys router without the app?
Setup Linksys router without app. Linksys smart wifi routers can be setup without Linksys app using the smart setup wizard after accessing it through linksyssmartwifi.com from a compatible web browser.
How do I connect my Linksys router to my computer?
You need to use a standard CAT5 Ethernet cable to connect your computer to the router. Connect one end of an Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on the computer and connect the other end to any of the numbered ports at the back of the router.
Why won’t my Linksys router connect to the Internet?
To resolve this issue, you can reset your router to factory default settings, uninstall and reinstall the Linksys Connect Software on your main computer, then reconfigure your router’s settings through Linksys Connect. To learn how to reconfigure your router with Linksys Connect, click here.
How do I setup my Linksys router without a modem?
If your Internet connection is through satellite, T1 or fiber optic that doesn’t have a modem, connect the existing Ethernet cable to the yellow Internet port of the router. Click Next. NOTE: Linksys Connect will then start configuring your network.
How do I setup my router without Internet?
How to Setup a Home Network Without Internet
- Connect the wired devices to the router. Let’s tackle the wired devices first.
- Login to the router. Following the same steps covered above, log in to your router and look for network settings.
- Set the DHCP range.
- Test a wired device.
- Set the wireless SSID.
- Test a wireless device.
Can a router be used without a computer?
However, setting up a router without a computer and a router to instal is still doable. Even though things are changing and people are becoming more comfortable with using only smartphones and tablet computers to get online, it’s rare to find someone without a computer.
Does my router have to be connected to a computer?
Many times, your ISP will require you buy a wireless router separately. This wireless router will have a special Wide Area Network, or WAN, port. Your computers may then connect to the wireless router, wiring a PC directly to the Internet. The router, however, must remain wired to the Internet.
What is the default password for Linksys router?
The router’s default Password is “admin”, as for the User name, you can leave the field blank. For security purposes, it is recommended to change the default password. QUICK TIP: Changing the router’s password through the web-based setup page may prevent you from using the Linksys Connect software.
How do I access my Linksys E1200 router settings?
Configuration for Linksys routers: E1200, E1500, E2500, E3200, E4200, WRT160n
- Access the router’s browser-based utility. Log into your router’s browser-based utility by entering 192.168.
- Go to the “Setup” menu. Click on the “Setup” tab.
- Go to the “Basic Setup” page.
- Enter the first DNS resolver.
- Save your settings.
How do I bypass Linksys Parental Controls?
How to disable Parental Controls Tool on your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
- Access your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account.
- Click on Parental Controls in the left panel.
- Slide the Enable parental controls button to the left to disable the feature.
- Click Ok at the bottom of the window.
- Access your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account.
How do I connect my Ethernet cable to my wireless router?
Plug one end of an Ethernet cable into your modem. Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into the Internet, Uplink, WAN or WLAN port on your router. Plug in your router and allow at least 2 to 3 minutes for it to light up. Turn off your computer and connect an Ethernet cable to your computer.