Refresh without installation media
- Boot into the system and go to Computer > C:, where C: is the drive where your Windows is installed on.
- Create a new folder.
- Insert the Windows 8/8.1 installation media and go to the Source folder.
- Copy the install.wim file.
- Paste the install.wim file to the Win8 folder.
- 1 How do I restore Windows 8.1 without a disk?
- 2 How do I fix Windows 8.1 problems?
- 3 How do I repair my computer without a disk?
- 4 How do I install Windows 8.1 without a CD or USB?
- 5 Can I use Windows 8.1 without activation?
- 6 Does reinstalling Windows 8.1 Delete everything?
- 7 How do I fix Windows 8 not booting?
- 8 How do I fix Windows 8.1 from freezing?
- 9 How do I reboot in safe mode Windows 8?
- 10 How do I restore Windows without a disk?
- 11 How do I fix windows failed to start without disk?
- 12 How do I fix Windows error recovery without CD?
- 13 How do I install Windows 8.1 from command prompt?
- 14 How do I install Windows 8.1 on my laptop?
How do I restore Windows 8.1 without a disk?
Select “General,” then scroll down until you see “Remove everything and reinstall Windows.” Click on “Get Started,” then select “Next.” Select “Clean the drive fully.” This option wipes your hard drive, and reinstalls Windows 8 like new. Click on “ Reset ” to confirm that you want to reinstall Windows 8.
How do I fix Windows 8.1 problems?
To do so, follow these steps:
- Insert the original installation DVD or USB Drive.
- Restart your computer.
- Boot from the disc/USB.
- At the Install screen, click Repair your computer or press R.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Command Prompt.
- Type these commands: bootrec /FixMbr bootrec /FixBoot bootrec /ScanOs bootrec /RebuildBcd.
How do I repair my computer without a disk?
Restore without installation CD
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key right after booting.
- At the Windows Advanced Options screen, choose Safe mode with a Command prompt.
- Once the option is highlighted, press Enter.
- Login as Administrator or as any user with administrative rights to your PC.
How do I install Windows 8.1 without a CD or USB?
This can be done using the freeware 7-Zip. After installing 7-Zip locally, right-click on your Windows 8 ISO image and select 7-Zip -> Extract files. Next you need to specify where the destination should be.
Can I use Windows 8.1 without activation?
You don’t have to activate Windows 8 It is true that the installer requires you to enter a valid Windows 8 key before you can continue with installation. However, the key isn’t activated at install time and the installation goes just fine without Internet connection (or calling Microsoft).
Does reinstalling Windows 8.1 Delete everything?
To answer your question, yes, reinstalling to Windows 8 will remove all of your files. A Microsoft Insider MVP with knowledge in all things Microsoft.
How do I fix Windows 8 not booting?
Table of Contents:
- Operating System.
- Specific Windows 8 No Boot Issues.
- Verify the Computer Finishes Initial Power-Up (POST)
- Unplug All External Devices.
- Check for Specific Error Messages.
- Reset the BIOS to Default Values.
- Run a Computer Diagnostic.
- Boot Computer to Safe Mode.
How do I fix Windows 8.1 from freezing?
Fix: Windows 8.1 hangs or freezes
- Check your hardware.
- Use the Windows Troubleshooters.
- Organize your startup.
- Update your drivers or uninstall some buggy driver.
- Check your system for malware.
- Check the Event Logs.
- Last try: disable the dynamic processor ticks.
How do I reboot in safe mode Windows 8?
Hold the Shift key while clicking Restart from the Shut down or sign out menu. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart. After the PC restarts, there is a list of options. Select 4 or F4 or Fn+F4 (following the on-screen instructions) to start the PC in Safe Mode.
How do I restore Windows without a disk?
Restore without an installation CD:
- Go to “Start” > “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Recovery”.
- Under “Reset this PC option”, tap “Get Started”.
- Choose “Remove everything” and then choose to “Remove files and clean the drive”.
- Finally, click “Reset” to begin reinstalling Windows 10.
How do I fix windows failed to start without disk?
Fix #2: Boot into Last Known Good Configuration
- Restart your computer.
- Press F8 repeatedly until you see the list of boot options.
- Choose Last Known Good Configuration (Advanced)
- Press Enter and wait to boot.
How do I fix Windows error recovery without CD?
You can fix Windows Error Recovery errors using these methods:
- Remove recently added hardware.
- Run Windows Start Repair.
- Boot into LKGC (Last Known Good Configuration)
- Restore Your HP Laptop with System Restore.
- Recover the Laptop.
- Perform Startup Repair with a Windows installation disc.
- Reinstall Windows.
How do I install Windows 8.1 from command prompt?
If you can’t boot, but you have the installation disc, follow these steps:
- Insert the Windows 8 DVD or 8.1 USB.
- Restart the computer.
- Press any key to boot from the media.
- Click Repair your computer or press R.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Select Command Prompt.
- Type diskpart.
- Press Enter.
How do I install Windows 8.1 on my laptop?
Windows 8.1 clean install.
- Turn on your PC so that Windows starts normally, insert the Windows 8.1 DVD or USB flash drive, and then shut down your PC.
- Restart your PC.
- Please setup language along with other preferences and click [Next].
- Click [Install now] to start the process.