Press the small rectangular “Eject” button directly below your Dell’s CD drive. The drive looks like a wide, slim rectangle, roughly the size of CD case. The exact location varies based upon your Dell model. Insert your CD, label-side up, into the CD tray.
- 1 Where is the eject button on a Dell computer?
- 2 How do I load a CD onto my computer?
- 3 How do I put a CD in my computer without a button?
- 4 How do I open the CD drive on my Dell Windows 10?
- 5 Where is the WIN button on the keyboard?
- 6 How do I insert a DVD into my Dell computer?
- 7 When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens Windows 10?
- 8 Why won’t my CD play on my computer?
- 9 How do I insert a CD in Windows 10?
- 10 How do I play a CD on my HP desktop?
- 11 How do I open the CD drive in command prompt?
- 12 How do I open the CD drive on my keyboard?
- 13 How do I access my CD drive on Windows 10?
- 14 How do I watch a DVD with Windows 10?
- 15 Do Dell laptops have CD drives?
Press the “Eject” button on the keyboard. This button features an arrow pointing upward and a line at the bottom, and is located in the upper-right corner of the keyboard.
How do I load a CD onto my computer?
Once the tray is partially open:
- Slide the drive tray out fully. Attention: Do not touch the drive lens.
- Align the center hole of CD with the drive spindle.
- Install the CD by pressing the CD near the center until all three positive lock-down devices on the drive spindle lock into place.
- Carefully close tray.
In Windows, search for and open File Explorer. In the Computer window, select the icon for the disc drive that is stuck, right-click the icon, and then click Eject. The disc tray should open.
How do I open the CD drive on my Dell Windows 10?
Press the Windows key + E to open Windows Explorer or File Explorer. Click on Computer or My PC on the left pane of the window. Right-click on the CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive icon and select Eject.
The Windows key is a standard key on most keyboards on computers built to use a Windows operating system. It is labeled with a Windows logo, and is usually placed between the Ctrl and Alt keys on the left side of the keyboard; there may be a second identical key on the right side as well.
How do I insert a DVD into my Dell computer?
Start by pressing the drive’s eject button, which pops out the tray (often called a drink holder in computer jokes). Drop the disc into the tray, label side up. Gently nudge the tray back into the computer. The tray slides back in the rest of the way on its own.
When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens Windows 10?
This probably occurs because Windows 10 disables autoplay by default. Hold down the Windows + R keys to open the Run window. Select Browse and navigate to the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive (usually your D drive).
Why won’t my CD play on my computer?
The problem happens mostly because of bad drivers, but sometimes it occurs because of a dirty or scratched surface on your CD. Your operating system provides you with a tool to update drivers for your CD-ROM drive. Try the CD again. If it doesn’t work, just try another disk.
How do I insert a CD in Windows 10?
- Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard and select This PC from the left side panel of the window.
- Right click on DVD Drive drive located under Device and drives and select Eject option.
- Check if the drive slot to insert the CD will open.
How do I play a CD on my HP desktop?
To play a CD or DVD Insert the disc you want to play into the drive. Typically, the disc will start playing automatically. If it doesn’t play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, and then, in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane.
How do I open the CD drive in command prompt?
In order to eject a disk from the drive, whether it’s a CD or a DVD, open a terminal and simply execute the eject command. To open the CD drive / eject the CD:
- Open Terminal using Ctrl + Alt + T, and type eject.
- To close the tray, type eject -t.
- And to toggle (if open, close and if closed, open) type eject -T.
How do I open the CD drive on my keyboard?
Pressing CTRL+SHIFT+O will activate the “Open CDROM” shortcut and will open the door of your CD-ROM.
How do I access my CD drive on Windows 10?
Start by pushing the drive’s Eject button, a rarely labelled button that lives next to or on the disc drive on the front of your computer. When the drive tray emerges, drop the CD into your CD drive and push the tray back into the drive.
How do I watch a DVD with Windows 10?
First, download and install the software from the VideoLAN VLC Media Player website. Launch VLC Media Player, insert a DVD, and it should rev up automatically. If not, click Media > Open Disc > DVD, then click the play button. You’ll find a full range of buttons to control playback.
Do Dell laptops have CD drives?
Best Dell laptop with a CD drive Dell’s Inspiron 15 5000 laptop starts at $599 with a Core i5 CPU, and its optical drive comes standard.