Using CD Cover Dimensions The standard CD cover size is 4.75 by 4.75 inches, or 12 cm by 12 cm. This dimension is for the front or back cover of a standard jewel CD case.
- 1 How big are CD cases?
- 2 What are the dimensions for a CD cover in Photoshop?
- 3 What is the size of CD cover in PX?
- 4 What is the proper size to print a CD cover?
- 5 What is the difference between a digipak and a CD?
- 6 How do I resize a picture for a CD cover?
- 7 How do I burn a CD?
- 8 What size should my cover art be?
- 9 What needs to be on an album cover?
- 10 How do I make a CD cover in Word?
- 11 How do I put photos on a CD?
How big are CD cases?
It is a three-piece plastic case, measuring 142 by 125 by 10 millimetres (5.59 in × 4.92 in × 0.39 in), a volume of 177.5 cubic centimetres (10.83 cu in), which usually contains a compact disc along with the liner notes and a back card.
What are the dimensions for a CD cover in Photoshop?
CD booklets and covers tend to be around 4.75 inches by 4.75 inches. As such, you will want to create a new document in Photoshop with those dimensions. For the sake of this tutorial, we will want to keep the resolution to 72dpi. For print, you would obviously want to use a higher resolution (300dpi).
What is the size of CD cover in PX?
At 300 dpi the standard pixel dimensions of a CD cover jewel case insert are 1425px X 1425px. At 600 dpi the standard pixel dimensions of a CD cover jewel case insert are 2850px X 2850px.
What is the proper size to print a CD cover?
Change the image size. For a CD cover, you will want the size to be exactly 4.75 inches by 4.75 inches with 72 dpi resolution. For the back of a CD, change the dimensions to 4.62 inches (width) by 5.87 inches (height).
What is the difference between a digipak and a CD?
A digipak is the same form and size as a standard CD Jewel Case, however it is made mostly from environmentally friendly board. The difference with a digipak is that the CD wallet/jacket has a plastic tray which the disc snaps into – overall it is a sturdier product.
How do I resize a picture for a CD cover?
How to Shrink an Album Cover to a CD Size
- Open your preferred image-editing software.
- Navigate to the menu bar using your computer mouse and select “Image.” Then select “Resize” or “Image Size,” depending on the specific software you are using.
- Change the image height and width to the desired size.
How do I burn a CD?
Open the disc drive, insert a blank CD-R, data CD, or DVD, and close the drive. If the AutoPlay dialogue box opens, close it. If your computer has multiple drives, click the Burn Options menu, click More burn options, and then click the Devices tab to select the drive you want to use.
What size should my cover art be?
Make sure your album covers contain: Dimensions/pixels that are at least 1600 x 1600 – 3000 x 3000 pixels (streaming platforms like Amuse lets you push up all the way to 6000 x 6000 pixels) Must be at least 72 dpi, but most streaming services require 300 dpi. PNG or JPG format.
What needs to be on an album cover?
Only include text stating the artist name and release title. The copy should match your release info and metadata exactly. It’s also ok to use an image without text. Most music platforms display the artist and release info next to the cover art.
How do I make a CD cover in Word?
Open Word and choose “New” from the “File” menu. Select the “Template” option and click on “Labels.” In the “Media” category, browse the CD cover templates available. Select the one that best suits the kind of cover you want to make. Don’t worry about the design on the cover.
How do I put photos on a CD?
How to Copy Photos to a CD or DVD in Windows 10
- Open your Pictures folder from the desktop, select your desired photos, click the Share tab from the Ribbon along the top, and click the Burn to Disc icon.
- Insert a blank CD or DVD into your writable disc drive’s tray and push the tray shut.