It is a three-piece plastic case, measuring 142 by 125 by 10 millimetres (5.59 in × 4.92 in × 0.39 in), a volume of 177.5 cubic centimetres (10.83 cu in), which usually contains a compact disc along with the liner notes and a back card.
- 1 What size is a CD case in inches?
- 2 What is the standard size of a CD case insert?
- 3 What is the proper size to print a CD cover?
- 4 How do I burn a CD?
- 5 What size is a CD cover in pixels?
- 6 What is the size of a CD cover in Photoshop?
- 7 How do I resize a picture for a CD cover?
- 8 How do I burn a CD on 2020?
- 9 Is burning a CD illegal?
- 10 Does ripping a CD ruin it?
What size is a CD case in inches?
CD Cover Size Specifications for Printing The finished dimensions for the outside of printed CD covers are 4.724 inches square. Many printed designs include bleed.
What is the standard size of a CD case insert?
The standard CD cover size is 4.75 by 4.75 inches, or 12 cm by 12 cm. This dimension is for the front or back cover of a standard jewel CD case. To use these dimensions for your document dimensions in Word, go to the Size menu on the Page Layout tab. Select More Paper Sizes from the menu.
What is the proper size to print a CD cover?
Change the image size. For a CD cover, you will want the size to be exactly 4.75 inches by 4.75 inches with 72 dpi resolution. For the back of a CD, change the dimensions to 4.62 inches (width) by 5.87 inches (height).
How do I burn a CD?
Open the disc drive, insert a blank CD-R, data CD, or DVD, and close the drive. If the AutoPlay dialogue box opens, close it. If your computer has multiple drives, click the Burn Options menu, click More burn options, and then click the Devices tab to select the drive you want to use.
What size is a CD cover in pixels?
At 300 dpi the standard pixel dimensions of a CD cover jewel case insert are 1425px X 1425px. At 600 dpi the standard pixel dimensions of a CD cover jewel case insert are 2850px X 2850px.
What is the size of a CD cover in Photoshop?
Our first step is to create a new document in Photoshop. CD booklets and covers tend to be around 4.75 inches by 4.75 inches. As such, you will want to create a new document in Photoshop with those dimensions.
How do I resize a picture for a CD cover?
How to Shrink an Album Cover to a CD Size
- Open your preferred image-editing software.
- Navigate to the menu bar using your computer mouse and select “Image.” Then select “Resize” or “Image Size,” depending on the specific software you are using.
- Change the image height and width to the desired size.
How do I burn a CD on 2020?
How to Burn Music to a CD/DVD in Windows Media Player
- Insert a blank CD or DVD suitable for storing audio files in your computer CD/DVD-RW drive.
- Open Windows Media Player and click the Burn button.
- Click through albums and playlists and drag the songs you want to add to the CD/DVD to the Burn pane.
- Click Start Burn.
Is burning a CD illegal?
Technically, the answer is yes. Under general copyright law, distributing a copy of copyrighted materials (like a music CD) can only be done with the permission of the copyright holder (usually the artist or record label). The law, however, does not allow someone to burn a CD and then pass the copy on to others.
Does ripping a CD ruin it?
The contents of most CD media is read-only, which means your computer or CD player can see the contents and play them back, but cannot change the CD contents or delete them. This means that short of scratching the CD or physically damaging it in some other way, you can’t lose the contents of the CD.