Select “General,” then scroll down until you see “Remove everything and reinstall Windows.” Click on “Get Started,” then select “Next.” Select “Clean the drive fully.” This option wipes your hard drive, and reinstalls Windows 8 like new. Click on “Reset” to confirm that you want to reinstall Windows 8.
- 1 How do I restore a Windows 8 computer to factory settings?
- 2 How do I restore my computer to factory settings without a CD?
- 3 How do you delete everything on a Windows 8 computer?
- 4 How do I factory reset my HP laptop Windows 8 without a disk?
- 5 How do I do a factory Reset?
- 6 How do I restore PC to factory settings?
- 7 How do I wipe my hard drive without deleting Windows?
- 8 How do I wipe my Windows 7?
- 9 How do I reformat Windows 10 without a disk?
- 10 How do I wipe my laptop clean and start over?
- 11 How do I wipe my laptop clean?
- 12 How do I wipe my hard drive for resale?
- 13 How do I completely Reset my HP laptop?
- 14 How do I restore my HP laptop to factory settings without a disk?
How do I restore a Windows 8 computer to factory settings?
Factory reset Windows 8
- The first step is to open the system settings using the Windows shortcut ‘Windows’ key + ‘i’.
- From there, select “Change PC settings”.
- Click on “Update & Recovery” and then on “Recovery”.
- Then select “Get started” under the heading “Remove everything and reinstall Windows”.
How do I restore my computer to factory settings without a CD?
Restore without installation CD/DVD
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Log in as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt appears, type this command: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.
How do you delete everything on a Windows 8 computer?
If you’re using Windows 8.1 or 10, wiping your hard drive is easy.
- Select Settings (the gear icon on the Start menu)
- Select Update & security, then Recovery.
- Choose Remove everything, then Remove files and clean the drive.
- Then click Next, Reset, and Continue.
How do I factory reset my HP laptop Windows 8 without a disk?
To do this, you need to open the Choose an option screen.
- Start your computer and press the F11 key repeatedly.
- On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- Click Reset your PC.
- On the Reset your PC screen, click Next.
- Read and respond to any screens that open.
- Wait while Windows resets your computer.
How do I do a factory Reset?
How to perform Factory Reset on Android smartphone?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
How do I restore PC to factory settings?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
How do I wipe my hard drive without deleting Windows?
Windows 8- choose “Settings” from the Charm Bar> Change PC Settings> General> choose the “Get Started” option under “Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows”> Next> select which drives you want to wipe> choose whether you want to remove your files or fully clean the drive> Reset.
How do I wipe my Windows 7?
1. Click Start, then choose “Control Panel.” Click “System and Security,” then choose “Restore Your Computer to an Earlier Time” in the Action Center section. 2. Click “Advanced Recovery Methods,” then choose “Return Your Computer to Factory Condition.”
How do I reformat Windows 10 without a disk?
Restore without an installation CD:
- Go to “Start” > “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Recovery”.
- Under “Reset this PC option”, tap “Get Started”.
- Choose “Remove everything” and then choose to “Remove files and clean the drive”.
- Finally, click “Reset” to begin reinstalling Windows 10.
How do I wipe my laptop clean and start over?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
How do I wipe my laptop clean?
Typically, older computers still have more life in them, and there’s always someone who can use them. Android
- Open Settings.
- Tap System and expand the Advanced drop-down.
- Tap Reset options.
- Tap Erase all data.
- Tap Reset Phone, enter your PIN, and select Erase Everything.
How do I wipe my hard drive for resale?
To wipe HDDs in Windows, use Disk Manager (right-click the Windows icon at bottom left and scroll up to Disk Manager) and select the drive to be formatted. Make sure that “Perform a quick format” is unchecked and select NTFS as the file system. Format the drive three times to make sure you get everything.
How do I completely Reset my HP laptop?
Turn on your HP laptop, then immediately press the F11 key repeatedly until the Choose an option screen appears. Click Troubleshoot. Click Reset this PC. Select an option, Keep my files or Remove everything.
How do I restore my HP laptop to factory settings without a disk?
The first step is to turn your HP laptop on. You can also restart it if it is already on. Once it begins the booting process, keep clicking the F11 key until the computer boots to Recovery Manager. That is the software you will use to reset your laptop.