Reinstall Your Mac’s OS Without an Installation Disc
- Turn your Mac on, while holding the CMD + R keys down.
- Select “Disk Utility” and click on Continue.
- Select the startup disk and go to the Erase Tab.
- Select the Mac OS Extended (Journaled), give a name to your disk and click on Erase.
- Disk Utility > Quit Disk Utility.
- 1 How do I restore my IMAC to factory settings without CD?
- 2 How do you force a Mac to restore?
- 3 How do I restore my Mac without reinstalling operating system?
- 4 How do I factory reset my iMac g4 without CD?
- 5 How do I fix a Mac startup problem?
- 6 What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
- 7 How do I bypass Internet Recovery on Mac?
- 8 How do I wipe my computer but not operating system?
- 9 How do I wipe my computer but keep operating system?
- 10 How do I reinstall my Mac without WIFI?
- 11 How do I reset my Mac password without a recovery key?
- 12 How do I boot my Mac into recovery mode?
- 13 How do you hard reset a MacBook pro?
How do I restore my IMAC to factory settings without CD?
How to Factory Reset a Mac Using Recovery Mode
- Restart your Mac.
- Then press and hold the Command + R keys until you see the Apple logo appear.
- Next, select Disk Utility.
- Then select Continue.
- In the Disk Utility window, click View.
- Then select Show All Devices.
- Select the drive you want to erase.
- Then click Erase.
How do you force a Mac to restore?
Hold down Option/Alt-Command-R or Shift-Option/Alt-Command-R at startup to force macOS Recovery to boot over the Internet.
How do I restore my Mac without reinstalling operating system?
Click on your hard drive and select the ” Erase ” tab. Select “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” from the Format pop-up menu. Type a name for your hard disk. Click “Erase.” To ensure that your data can’t be recovered, click the “Security Options” button and select a method of deletion.
How do I factory reset my iMac g4 without CD?
How to Factory Reset an iMac Via the Recovery Partition. Restart the iMac and hold the ” Command-R” keys while the computer reboots. Select and connect to a Wi-Fi network from the list if the iMac prompts you to do so. Choose the “Disk Utility” option from the list and click “Continue.”
How do I fix a Mac startup problem?
Try these suggestions.
- Restart your Mac in safe mode.
- Check your login items to see if any of them are incompatible.
- Use the Disk Utility app on your Mac to repair your startup disk.
- Back up your disk, then reinstall macOS.
- Use macOS Recovery, part of the built-in recovery system of your Mac.
What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
Can’t Reinstall OS X On Your Mac? Try Resetting The PRAM
- First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar.
- Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac.
- After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.
How do I bypass Internet Recovery on Mac?
Answer: A: Restart the computer holding down the command – option/alt – P – R keys before the gray screen appears. Continue to hold until you hear the startup chime for the second time. Try a SMC reset.
How do I wipe my computer but not operating system?
Press Windows Key + I, type recovery in the search bar, and select Reset this PC. Next, select Remove everything, then Remove files and clean the drive. The Windows 10 reset function can take a while to complete, but it will make sure there is no chance for anyone to recover data from your drive.
How do I wipe my computer but keep operating system?
Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery, and click Get Started under Reset this PC. You are then asked if you want to keep your files or delete everything. Select Remove Everything, click Next, then click Reset. Your PC goes through the reset process and reinstalls Windows.
How do I reinstall my Mac without WIFI?
How to use Internet Recovery to reinstall macOS
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button.
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar.
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.
How do I reset my Mac password without a recovery key?
Reset your Mac login password
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Restart, or press the Power button on your computer and then click Restart.
- Click your user account, click the question mark in the password field, then click the arrow next to “reset it using your Apple ID.”
- Enter an Apple ID and password, then click Next.
How do I boot my Mac into recovery mode?
How to start up Mac Recovery Mode
- Restart your Mac.
- Immediately hold down Command-R.
- Release them as soon as you see the Apple logo.
How do you hard reset a MacBook pro?
How to Hard Reset MacBook, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro
- To force a restart your MacBook, you need to press and hold down the Command (⌘) button, the Control (Ctrl) key, and the power button at the same time.
- Hold these keys down until your MacBook’s screen goes blank and the computer restarts itself.