Insert CDs and DVDs into Mac
- Turn the disc label so it faces up or toward you.
- Insert the disc into the optical drive until you feel the drive catch and pull the disc in. You must insert the disc nearly all the way in before the drive pulls it in.
- 1 Does the MacBook Pro 2020 have a CD slot?
- 2 How do I play a CD on my MacBook Pro 2020?
- 3 Do new Macbooks have CD drive?
- 4 Can we play DVD on MacBook Pro?
- 5 How do I play a CD on my laptop without CD drive?
- 6 How do I play my CDs?
- 7 Why doesn’t my Mac have a CD slot?
- 8 Which MacBook Pro has the CD drive?
- 9 Can you put a CD in a MacBook Air?
- 10 How do you burn CDs on a Mac?
- 11 How do I connect an external CD drive to my Mac?
- 12 How do I get my external CD drive to work on my Mac?
Does the MacBook Pro 2020 have a CD slot?
The newest Apple – MacBook Pro with Retina Display – 13.3″ however does not come with the CD/DVD slot. If you want a cd/dvd drive you will have to purchase an external one. Apple sells them for $79.
How do I play a CD on my MacBook Pro 2020?
Play CDs in Music on Mac
- In the Music app on your Mac, insert an audio CD into your computer’s CD or DVD drive, or into an external drive that’s connected to your computer.
- If a dialog appears (depending on what you chose to happen when you insert a CD), click Cancel.
- Play a song from the CD by double-clicking it.
Do new Macbooks have CD drive?
Recent Macs have no physical drive for you to play CDs or DVDs. But there’s another simple solution: buy and connect an external optical drive, and play the DVD through that.
Can we play DVD on MacBook Pro?
Playing a DVD on a Mac is extremely simple. Just insert the DVD into your Super DVD drive (Super DVD drive is Apple’s optical disc reading and writing technology). The DVD player will open automatically and start playing the disc. You can open it using the Menu and click Play to run the movie.
How do I play a CD on my laptop without CD drive?
One solution is to simply add an optical drive to the computer. Internal models were standard for many years, but compact computers like ultra slim laptops and all-in-one desktops just don’t have the space them these days. A better option is to use an external CD/DVD-writer that plugs into a USB socket on the computer.
How do I play my CDs?
Insert the disc you want to play into the drive. Typically, the disc will start playing automatically. If it doesn’t play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, and then, in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane.
Why doesn’t my Mac have a CD slot?
The CD/DVD SuperDrive is no longer built into the iMac. Basically it comes down to the fact that there is no optical drive thin enough to be installed into the ultra thin iMac enclosure. You need to either purchase Apple’s own external drive for $79 U.S.D or purchase a third party external CD/DVD optical drive.
Which MacBook Pro has the CD drive?
With the model lineup shuffle today, the 13-inch MacBook Pro remains the only Mac available today with an optical drive. Apple has committed to removing optical drives from all of its Macs over the years, but it’s possible that the company realized some — particularly students — may still need a DVD drive.
Can you put a CD in a MacBook Air?
Apple’s MacBook Air, along with many other Macs, no longer includes an optical drive. But you can still use CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, and other optical discs on your Mac.
How do you burn CDs on a Mac?
Burn CDs and DVDs on Mac
- Insert a blank disc into your optical drive.
- Double-click the disc to open its window, then drag the files and folders you want to burn to the window.
- Arrange and rename the files.
- Choose File > Burn [disc], then follow the instructions.
How do I connect an external CD drive to my Mac?
To use your SuperDrive, connect it to a USB-A port on your Mac*, then insert a disc. Make sure that the aluminum enclosure of the SuperDrive is facing up. Connect and use your SuperDrive
- USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter.
- USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter.
- USB-C to USB Adapter.
How do I get my external CD drive to work on my Mac?
Use an External Optical Drive Once you’ve attached your external drive to your Mac, you can use it in exactly the same way as a built-in optical drive: simply insert the DVD or CD into the SuperDrive, and the relevant media-playing app should launch automatically.