What type of disc should I use? To create audio CDs that work in most stereo systems, use CD-R discs. CD-RW discs usually work only in computers. To create a CD of MP3 files to play in your computer or an MP3 CD player, use a CD-R disc; some MP3 players can play CD-RW discs as well.
- 1 Can I use any CD to burn music?
- 2 Which CD is best for recording music?
- 3 Can you use DVD-R to burn music?
- 4 Which is better CD-R or CD-RW?
- 5 Where can I burn music to a CD for free?
- 6 How can I burn my own CD?
- 7 How many songs can a CD hold?
- 8 Which CD is best for photos?
- 9 What is the best speed to burn CDs on Itunes?
- 10 Can you turn a DVD into a CD?
- 11 Can you format a DVD-R and use it again?
- 12 Do CD players still exist?
- 13 What can you do with a CD-RW that you Cannot do with a CD-R?
- 14 Can CD-RW be written once?
Can I use any CD to burn music?
If you have access to a CD-RW or DVD-RW drive, audio files of your music, a blank CD, and a media player, then you can burn a CD.
Which CD is best for recording music?
At a Glance: Our Top Picks
- TOP 1. Verbatim CD-R Blank Discs 700MB 80 Minutes 52X Recordable Disc for Data and Music.
- TOP 2. Maxell 625335 High-Sensitivity Recording Layer Recordable CD 700mb/80 min.
- TOP 3. Maxell 648200 Premium Quality Recording Surface Noise Free Playback 700Mb CD-Recordable 48x Write Speeds.
Can you use DVD-R to burn music?
To create audio CDs that work in most stereo systems, use CD-R discs. If your computer has a DVD burner, you can burn a playlist on a DVD-R or DVD-RW disc. DVDs you create using Music work only in your computer (not DVD players). For more information about the drives that work with Music, see the Music Support website.
Which is better CD-R or CD-RW?
A Compact Disc Recordable ( CD-R ) is a Write Once Read Multiple (WORM) disc. These discs can only record data once and then the data becomes permanent on the disc. A Compact Disc Re-Writable (CD-RW) is an erasable disc that can be reused. The data on a CD-RW disc can be erased and recorded over numerous times.
Where can I burn music to a CD for free?
WEBSITES WHERE YOU CAN BURN CD’S OFF THE INTERNET FOR FREE
- Amazon’s Free Songs: Amazon hosts 1,000’s of free MP3 songs on its site.
- The Live Music Archive:
- The Free Music Archives.
How can I burn my own CD?
How to Burn Your Own CD
- In your Library, under Music, select a song or songs.
- Click Burn.
- Insert a blank disc into your recordable CD drive.
- Click Select CD Type to choose whether to make an Audio CD, an MP3 CD, or a Data CD.
- Click Add Tracks from the Library.
- Build your burn list.
How many songs can a CD hold?
A data CD can hold 100 songs. CDs can help transfer files between computers. A blank CD can typically hold about 74 to 80 minutes of music, which is generally not enough to hold 100 songs. But, a blank CD can also hold as much as 700 megabytes of data, which is usually more than enough for 100 songs.
Which CD is best for photos?
If you are just making a permanent archival copy of a folder of family pictures, the CD-R is again the best choice. The idea behind a CD-RW is that you can sort of use that disc as another drive.
What is the best speed to burn CDs on Itunes?
It is generally acknowledged as good practice to burn audio CDs at speeds no higher than 4x, but it is also important that you use good-quality blank media specifically designed for low-speed burning. Most computer media these days is designed for very high-speed burning, usually over 24x.
Can you turn a DVD into a CD?
There are two basic methods of making an audio CD from a video DVD. Using your computer and the appropriate software, you can extract the audio files from a video DVD and burn them onto an audio CD. Or, using a CD recorder, you can dub the audio from a video DVD onto an audio CD.
Can you format a DVD-R and use it again?
DVD-R and DVD+R discs are already preformatted for burning and cannot be formatted again. In addition, attempting to format a DVD-R or DVD+R may render the disc unusable.
Do CD players still exist?
Audio companies are still releasing new CD players. In the past few years, companies such as Cambridge Audio, Panasonic, McIntosh, Rotel and Sony have all released new CD players (or integrating them into digital streamers). Also, high-end CD players aren’t terribly expensive.
What can you do with a CD-RW that you Cannot do with a CD-R?
Stands for “Compact Disc Re-Writable.” A CD-RW is a blank CD that can be written to by a CD burner. Unlike a CD-R (CD-Recordable), a CD-RW can be written to multiple times. The data burned on a CD-RW cannot be changed, but it can be erased.
Can CD-RW be written once?
A CD-RW compact disc (CD-RWs) can be written, read, erased, and re-written.