Instructions. Hold the CD case, also called jewel case, with the top facing up. Slide your fingernail back and forth in the hinge of the case to break the plastic shrink wrap seal. Unwrap the shrink wrap, removing it completely from the front, side and back of the case.
How do you open a CD jewel case without breaking it?
Just use a pen or other pointed object and poke it into the small holes in the jewel case. Once you get one corner open the rest pop out easily. This is how I usually do it. I’ve done it several times & don’t remember any breaking.
How do I take the back off my CD case?
How to strip a CD Jewel Case
- Open the cover. This is tricky, because jewel cases suck so much, but you’ve probably figured out a technique by now.
- Remove the liner notes. That’s the booklet inside the cover.
- Flex the case.
- Pull out the tray.
- If you moisten your thumb, you can pull the tray card out easily.
How do I play a CD on my laptop without a CD drive?
In this guide, we’ll give you the facts on how to play a DVD or CD on a desktop PC or laptop with no disk drive. These tips work for desktop PCs, too.
- Use an external DVD drive. Shop HP External Drives Now.
- Create ISO files for virtual disks.
- Rip files from CD, DVD, or Blu-ray.
- Share CD and DVD drives over Windows network.
How do I play a CD ROM?
Typically, the disc will start playing automatically. If it does not play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, and then in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane. Read more Play a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player.
How do I burn a CD?
Open the disc drive, insert a blank CD-R, data CD, or DVD, and close the drive. If the AutoPlay dialogue box opens, close it. If your computer has multiple drives, click the Burn Options menu, click More burn options, and then click the Devices tab to select the drive you want to use.
Why are CD cases called jewel cases?
Origin. According to Philips, the name “jewel case” reflects either the generally high quality of the case design compared to initial attempts, or its appearance. According to one publication, initial attempts at packaging CDs were unsatisfactory.
How do you clean a CD jewel case?
- Wet your finger with the warm water and rub it over the soap bar to get some soap.
- Spread the soap over the dirty area with your finger and make sure all the finger prints dissolve.
- Rinse the soap with warm water.
- When needed, repeat for the other side.
- Dry the disc well.