To eject a disc from your Mac, do any of the following:
- Eject a disc from the desktop: Select the disc you want to eject, then choose File > Eject [disc].
- Eject a disc from an optical drive: Press the Eject key.
How do I eject a disk from my Mac that doesn’t show up?
Drag the CD/DVD icon to the Trash, reboot the Mac and hold down the mouse button, or the “Eject” button on your keyboard. 2. Launch Apple’s Disk Utility application, select the stuck CD/DVD and hit the “Eject” button.
How do you eject a CD from a Macbook Pro?
Ejecting the stuck disc can usually be done in one of the following ways:
- Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the left mouse button until the disc ejects.
- Press the Eject button on your keyboard.
- Click on the Eject button in the menubar.
- Press COMMAND-E.
How do I manually eject a CD from my imac?
First, try one of these methods:
- Hold down the eject key.
- Drag the disc icon to your Mac’s trash bin.
- Right-click on the disc icon and select eject.
- Press Command > E.
How do I eject USB from Mac without icon?
Command-E. With the volume selected, you can also use the keyboard shortcut Command-E to eject it.
How do I force eject a CD from an external drive on a Mac?
Ejecting external optical drives in OS X
- Drag to the trash. Dragging a removable disc to the trash has been in the Mac OS since early on.
- Select it and press Command-E. If you select the optical disc in the OS X Finder and press Command-E, the disc will eject.
- Eject using the keyboard.
Is Force ejecting bad?
Answer: A: Yes, this can damage information on a disk. Never eject a thumb drive without using Finder.