Locate the optical drive on the right edge of your iMac.
- 1 How do I find the CD drive on my Mac?
- 2 Does Mac Have CD drive?
- 3 Why doesn’t my Mac have a CD slot?
- 4 Does MacBook Air have CD drive?
- 5 How do I burn a CD on a Mac 2020?
- 6 How do I put a CD in?
- 7 How do I burn a CD on a MacBook?
- 8 Does the 2020 MacBook Pro have a CD slot?
- 9 Can I play a CD on my MacBook Pro?
- 10 Which MacBook has a CD slot?
- 11 How do I play a CD without a CD drive?
- 12 Can you connect an external CD drive to a MacBook Air?
How do I find the CD drive on my Mac?
If you don’t see a CD, DVD, or Blu-ray drive on Mac
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > About This Mac.
- Click System Report, then click Disc Burning and review the information for your optical drive.
Does Mac Have CD drive?
Apple has discontinued its non-Retina legacy MacBook Pro, the last Mac it sold with a built-in CD/DVD drive. The 13-inch notebook had not been updated since June 2012, but it remained available for purchase on Apple’s website for $1,099 until today.
Why doesn’t my Mac have a CD slot?
The CD/DVD SuperDrive is no longer built into the iMac. Basically it comes down to the fact that there is no optical drive thin enough to be installed into the ultra thin iMac enclosure. You need to either purchase Apple’s own external drive for $79 U.S.D or purchase a third party external CD/DVD optical drive.
Does MacBook Air have CD drive?
Apple’s MacBook Air, along with many other Macs, no longer includes an optical drive. But you can still use CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, and other optical discs on your Mac. The tricks here are similar to how you’d access an optical drive on a Windows UltraBook or similar PC that doesn’t include an optical drive of its own.
How do I burn a CD on a Mac 2020?
Burn CDs and DVDs on Mac
- Insert a blank disc into your optical drive.
- Double-click the disc to open its window, then drag the files and folders you want to burn to the window.
- Arrange and rename the files.
- Choose File > Burn [disc], then follow the instructions.
How do I put a CD in?
Once the tray is partially open:
- Slide the drive tray out fully. Attention: Do not touch the drive lens.
- Align the center hole of CD with the drive spindle.
- Install the CD by pressing the CD near the center until all three positive lock-down devices on the drive spindle lock into place.
- Carefully close tray.
How do I burn a CD on a MacBook?
Insert a blank DVD or CD into your SuperDrive or non-Apple drive, and macOS will ask what you want to do. You can add files and folders, give the disc a name and, finally, click the Burn button to write everything to disc. You can also use Disk Utility to burn disk images to DVD or CD.
Does the 2020 MacBook Pro have a CD slot?
The newest Apple – MacBook Pro with Retina Display – 13.3″ however does not come with the CD/DVD slot. If you want a cd/dvd drive you will have to purchase an external one. Apple sells them for $79.
Can I play a CD on my MacBook Pro?
You can use Music to listen to the music on your CDs. In the Music app on your Mac, insert an audio CD into your computer’s CD or DVD drive, or into an external drive that’s connected to your computer. Play a song from the CD by double-clicking it.
Which MacBook has a CD slot?
The last Apple Mac to ship with an optical CD or DVD drive was a 13in MacBook Pro, originally released in June 2012, but on sale until October 2016, when Apple discontinued that model, more information about the last Mac to ship with a SuperDrive below. Since that date Apple has not sold any Macs with optical drives.
How do I play a CD without a CD drive?
Yes But you still need an optical drive. The easiest way to play or burn CD/DVD discs is to buy an external optical drive. Most optical drive peripheral devices connect via USB and are plug-and-play. That means you can simply connect the drive and use it the same you would use an internal CD/DVD player.
Can you connect an external CD drive to a MacBook Air?
The easiest option is to simply purchase an external USB DVD drive. Just jack it into your MacBook’s USB port and shove your discs into it as needed. With it you can play DVD movies, play and rip CDs with iTunes, and install software if it’s compatible with your Mac.