Use an External Optical Drive Once you’ve attached your external drive to your Mac, you can use it in exactly the same way as a built-in optical drive: simply insert the DVD or CD into the SuperDrive, and the relevant media-playing app should launch automatically.
- 1 How do I get my Mac to recognize my external DVD drive?
- 2 Can I use an external CD DVD drive on MacBook?
- 3 Why is my external CD drive not working Mac?
- 4 How do I connect an external CD drive to my MacBook air?
- 5 How do I play an external DVD on my MacBook pro?
- 6 How do I insert a CD into my MacBook Pro 2020?
- 7 How do I play a CD on my Mac without a CD drive?
- 8 How do I get my Mac to recognize my USB?
- 9 Does MacBook Air have CD drive?
- 10 How do I play a CD on my MacBook Air 2020?
- 11 How do you burn a CD on a MacBook Air?
How do I get my Mac to recognize my external DVD drive?
Open the Finder. Click on Finder in the menu at the top of your screen. Choose Preferences > General and make sure that there is a tick beside External Drives.
Can I use an external CD DVD drive on MacBook?
Apple USB SuperDrive Apple’s branded playable/burnable CD/DVD drive is the perfect complement to your iMac or MacBook Pro unless you have a late 2016 or newer MacBook Pro. If you do, you’ll need the USB-C to USB adapter.
Why is my external CD drive not working Mac?
Why your Mac does not recognize external hard drive There’s something wrong with the cable. There’s a power supply problem. Your drive has been corrupted or broken. The drive is not readable on macOS.
How do I connect an external CD drive to my MacBook air?
On your MacBook Air, open a Finder window and look for the Remote Disc entry under the Devices heading. Select it and you’ll see any Macs on your local network that have a media drive. Into the Mac with the media drive, insert a data CD or DVD.
How do I play an external DVD on my MacBook pro?
Playing a DVD on a Mac is extremely simple. Just insert the DVD into your Super DVD drive (Super DVD drive is Apple’s optical disc reading and writing technology). The DVD player will open automatically and start playing the disc. You can open it using the Menu and click Play to run the movie.
How do I insert a CD into my MacBook Pro 2020?
Insert CDs and DVDs into Mac
- Turn the disc label so it faces up or toward you.
- Insert the disc into the optical drive until you feel the drive catch and pull the disc in. You must insert the disc nearly all the way in before the drive pulls it in.
How do I play a CD on my Mac without a CD drive?
If your Mac doesn’t have a built-in optical drive, you can use another computer’s DVD or CD drive, or use an external optical drive, such as the Apple USB SuperDrive.
How do I get my Mac to recognize my USB?
Open System Information and disconnect the USB device from your computer. Wait a few minutes, and click File > Refresh Information. Reconnect the USB device. You should see a device disappear from System Information when you remove the USB device, and it should appear again when you reconnect it.
Does MacBook Air have CD drive?
Apple’s MacBook Air, along with many other Macs, no longer includes an optical drive. But you can still use CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, and other optical discs on your Mac. The tricks here are similar to how you’d access an optical drive on a Windows UltraBook or similar PC that doesn’t include an optical drive of its own.
How do I play a CD on my MacBook Air 2020?
Play CDs in Music on Mac
- In the Music app on your Mac, insert an audio CD into your computer’s CD or DVD drive, or into an external drive that’s connected to your computer.
- If a dialog appears (depending on what you chose to happen when you insert a CD), click Cancel.
- Play a song from the CD by double-clicking it.
How do you burn a CD on a MacBook Air?
Burn CDs and DVDs on Mac
- Insert a blank disc into your optical drive.
- Double-click the disc to open its window, then drag the files and folders you want to burn to the window.
- Arrange and rename the files.
- Choose File > Burn [disc], then follow the instructions.