First, turn your car off if it isn’t already. While the car is off, hold the power and the eject button. Press your CD player’s power and eject buttons down at the same time, holding them for about ten seconds. If your stereo has a “force eject” feature, it should spit out the CD.
- 1 How do you fix a CD that won’t eject?
- 2 How do you open a jammed CD changer?
- 3 What causes CDs to get stuck?
- 4 How do I force eject a CD?
- 5 Are old CD players better?
- 6 How do you get a stuck CD out of a GM radio?
- 7 How do you fix car CD player that won’t read CDS?
- 8 Why won’t my car CD player take the CD?
How do you fix a CD that won’t eject?
Follow these steps to troubleshoot this issue:
- Power off your CD player.
- Unplug the power cord for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.
- Power on your device.
- Try to open or close the disc drawer or tray. Note: Make sure nothing blocks the tray from opening or closing.
How do you open a jammed CD changer?
How to Open a Jammed CD/DVD Drive
- Step 1: The Paper Clip. Straighten out one leg of the paper clip.
- Step 2: The Small Hole. Find the small hole on your CD drive, it is usually near the button.
- Step 3: Stick the Clip Into the Hole. Stick the clip into the hole and gently push until the door opens.
- Step 4: Finish.
- 21 Comments.
What causes CDs to get stuck?
A stuck CD may be caused by a non-functioning or weakened motor that doesn’t have enough power to push the CD out of the player. The additional assistance from pliers or tweezers may create enough force to eject the CD.
How do I force eject a CD?
Eject the disc within the Operating System
- Press the Windows key + E to open Windows Explorer or File Explorer.
- Click on Computer or My PC on the left pane of the window.
- Right-click on the CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive icon and select Eject.
Are old CD players better?
The ‘old’ CD players were generally more ergonomic than anything you can get today. You could isolate tracks and program them easily. Some would offer index programming (as if anyone used that!).
How do you get a stuck CD out of a GM radio?
Just wrap it once and no more, or the tape will become too thick to pass through the slot. Stick the blade into the CD slot and press down. The tape will stick to the CD and you will be able to pull it far enough out to pinch the CD and pull it completely free.
How do you fix car CD player that won’t read CDS?
Verify the disc is inserted into the CD player properly. The disc may eject if inserted upside down. Press the RESET button on the front of the car stereo. Try a couple of different discs just to make sure there is not a problem with the disc that you are trying to play.
Why won’t my car CD player take the CD?
If the CD player will not accept the disc or if the disc keeps being ejected, there may be a problem with the disc that you are trying to play or the unit may need to be reset. Press the EJECT button to ensure a disc is not already inserted. Verify the disc is inserted into the CD player properly.