Hold the CD in the sunshine. Or if it’s a cloudy day, turn out the lights and shine your flashlight at the CD. Hold your piece of white paper so that the light reflecting off the CD shines onto the paper. The reflected light will make fabulous rainbow colors on your paper.
How do you color a CD?
- Step 1: Things Needed. Any old CD.
- Step 2: Apply Paint. • Shiny side of the CD shows rainbow colors when light falls on it.
- Step 3: Draw a Design. Draw your favorite design on the colored side.
- Step 4: Scratch the Design.
- Step 5: Stick It on the Wall.
What colors do you observe on the CD?
The colors that you see on the CD are created by white light reflecting from ridges in the metal. When light reflects off or passes through something with many small ridges or scratches, you often get rainbow colors and interesting patterns.
Why are CDS shiny?
The surface of a CD is reflective because the disc is coated with a thin layer of aluminum or sometimes gold. The shiny metal layer reflects the laser that is used to read or write to the device. A layer of lacquer is spin-coated onto the CD to protect the metal.
Can we touch rainbow?
In short, you can touch someone else’s rainbow, but not your own. A rainbow is light reflecting and refracting off water particles in the air, such as rain or mist. However, it is possible to touch the water particles and refracted light (if you agree that you can touch light) of a rainbow that someone else is viewing.
Can you make a rainbow with a flashlight?
Cover the flashlight with two pieces of tape leaving a slit in the middle. Shine the flashlight through the glass of water onto the piece of paper. The rainbow should appear on the paper. Play with the angle of light shining through the glass until you get a good rainbow.
Do CDs still work if you paint them?
The surface of a CD is almost perfectly smooth, and paint won’t stick to a smooth surface. You could sand the CD, and ruin it, or you could keep reading. Expect to have to give your CD a second or even third coat. It dries the paint as you work, so you can start on a second coat directly after finishing the first.
What crafts can I make with old CDs?
24 Wonderful DIY Ideas To Do With Old CDs
- Make a beautiful bird bath. meandmydiy.com.
- Turn your old, bland boots into shiny shoes. Mint Hasumy.
- Nailed it: driveway reflector. instructables.com.
- Infinity guitar picks. thinkgeek.com.
- Make a trippy lamp. lumberjocks.com.
- Easy ice scraper. Neven.
- A candle holder.
- Fridge decor.
How do you make a rainbow with a flashlight and a glass of water?
- Position your glass of water on a table and then place the mirror inside it at an angle.
- Make sure that the room is completely dark.
- Take the flashlight and aim the light towards the mirror that you placed inside the glass.
- Watch a rainbow appear from the angle of your mirror.