Unplug the power cord of the CD player from the AC outlet for 30 seconds. Plug the power cord back into the AC outlet. Turn on the CD player and attempt to play the disc. If the issue is still not resolved, remove the disc and unplug the power cord from the AC outlet.
- 1 Why is my CD player not reading my CDs?
- 2 What to do if CD is not reading?
- 3 How do you reset a CD player?
- 4 Why is CD player not working?
- 5 Why does my CD player keep stopping?
- 6 How do I fix my CD player that won’t close?
- 7 Where is the reset button on CD player?
- 8 Where is the reset button on my car CD player?
Why is my CD player not reading my CDs?
Clean your CDs before and after playing them. Although the compact disc has a much longer lifespan than does something like a cassette tape, it can be more fragile. Scratches, dust or other damage to the data side of the CD will cause many CD players to fail to read the CD or cause the CD to skip.
What to do if CD is not reading?
If your CD/DVD drive is having trouble recognizing a disc:
- If you know the disc isn’t blank, check whether the data surface is damaged.
- Try a different disc.
- Try the disc in another computer’s drive.
- Try cleaning the drive with a CD/DVD drive cleaning product.
How do you reset a CD player?
How to reset the CD player.
- Unplug the power cord of the CD player from the AC wall outlet.
- Allow the CD player to set without power for 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cord of the CD player back into the AC wall outlet.
Why is CD player not working?
If a CD player does not work at all, make sure the power supply is on at the outlet. Check the electrical cord and replace it if necessary; remove the housing and test the fuse; test the on-off switch and replace it if needed. If a CD player skips, check to be sure the CD itself is not scratched or dirty.
Why does my CD player keep stopping?
If a CD is skipping, first ensure that the disc is working properly by checking to see if it plays on another device. Some common problems include: broken parts in the device, physical damage to the CD player, dirt within the player or, most commonly, damage to the lens.
How do I fix my CD player that won’t close?
Unplug the power cord of the CD player from the AC outlet. Let the CD player set without power for 30 seconds. Plug the power cord back into the AC outlet. Attempt to close the drawer on the CD player.
Sony CD players have a Reset button located on the front of the device.
- Turn the player on, whether by plugging it into a power outlet, or simply running it on battery power.
- Press the “Reset” button using a small, pointed object, such as the pointed end of a pencil or pen.
Remove the faceplate from your car stereo. Press the RESET button on the front panel using a pointed object, such as a ball-point pen.