You can usually eject a CD or DVD from the desktop or from a Finder window.
To eject a disc from your Mac, do any of the following:
- Eject a disc from the desktop: Select the disc you want to eject, then choose File > Eject [disc].
- Eject a disc from an optical drive: Press the Eject key.
- 1 How do I force eject a disc from my Mac?
- 2 What is the keyboard shortcut to eject a CD from a Mac?
- 3 How do I manually eject a CD from my MacBook Pro?
- 4 How do I eject a stuck CD?
- 5 How do I eject a disk from my Mac without the icon?
- 6 What does the Eject icon look like on a Mac?
- 7 Where is the power eject button?
- 8 How do I manually shut down my Mac?
- 9 How do I manually eject a CD from Apple Superdrive?
How do I force eject a disc from my Mac?
Mac OS X – Force Ejecting a CD
- Restart your computer, and hold down the mouse button. If you have a 2 button mouse, hold down the left click.
- If your computer has an eject key on the keyboard, restart the computer again, this time holding the eject key.
- Open a Terminal window and type in drutil tray eject.
What is the keyboard shortcut to eject a CD from a Mac?
Dragging the Disk(s) or drive(s) icon into the Trash, which will eject it. Highlighting the disk in the Mac Finder, and then hitting Command+E to eject the drive through a keyboard shortcut.
How do I manually eject a CD from my MacBook Pro?
Shut down the Mac. Boot the machine holding down the Trackpad button to initiate a ‘force eject ‘ Turn the MacBook Pro on its side, with the CD/DVD drive pointing down, and shake, the CD should pop out.
How do I eject a stuck CD?
Press your CD player’s power and eject buttons down at the same time, holding them for about ten seconds. If your stereo has a “force eject” feature, it should spit out the CD. If this doesn’t work, start the car and try again. Some CD players may not function when the car is turned off.
How do I eject a disk from my Mac without the icon?
In iTunes, you can press “Command-E” or open the “Controls” menu and choose “Eject Disk.” In Disk Utility, press “Command-E,” open the “File” menu and choose “Eject” or click on the name of the disk in the sidebar and press the “Eject” button at the top of the floating window.
What does the Eject icon look like on a Mac?
The Eject menu icon is added to the menu bar (the icon is a chevron with a line beneath it ). Select the Eject menu icon to display all the optical drives attached to the Mac. An Open or Close command appears, depending on each drive’s current state.
The eject key sits in the upper right corner of most modern Apple keyboards.
How do I manually shut down my Mac?
Press and hold the power button to force your Mac to shut down. You can also force shutdown your Mac by pressing the Control+Option+Command+Eject keystroke combination.
How do I manually eject a CD from Apple Superdrive?
Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the left mouse button until the disc ejects. Press the Eject button on your keyboard. Click on the Eject button in the menubar. Press COMMAND-E.