Play CDs in Music on Mac
- In the Music app on your Mac, insert an audio CD into your computer’s CD or DVD drive, or into an external drive that’s connected to your computer.
- If a dialog appears (depending on what you chose to happen when you insert a CD), click Cancel.
- Play a song from the CD by double-clicking it.
- 1 How do you use a CD ROM on a Mac?
- 2 How do I play a CD on my Macbook Pro?
- 3 How do I use a DVD ROM on a Mac?
- 4 How do I find the CD ROM on my Mac?
- 5 Can you play old CD ROM games on Mac?
- 6 How do you burn a CD on a MacBook Air?
- 7 Why doesn’t my Mac have a CD slot?
- 8 Does MacBook Pro have CD drive?
- 9 How do I put a CD in?
- 10 Why is my DVD not playing on my Mac?
- 11 How do I connect my DVD to my MacBook air?
- 12 How do I reset the USB ports on my Mac laptop?
- 13 What is the Spotlight icon on Mac?
- 14 How do I get my Mac to recognize my external CD drive?
How do you use a CD ROM on a Mac?
Insert CDs and DVDs into Mac
- Turn the disc label so it faces up or toward you.
- Insert the disc into the optical drive until you feel the drive catch and pull the disc in. You must insert the disc nearly all the way in before the drive pulls it in.
How do I play a CD on my Macbook Pro?
Playing a DVD on a Mac is extremely simple. Just insert the DVD into your Super DVD drive (Super DVD drive is Apple’s optical disc reading and writing technology). The DVD player will open automatically and start playing the disc. You can open it using the Menu and click Play to run the movie.
How do I use a DVD ROM on a Mac?
Share DVDs and CDs on Mac
- On a Mac that has an optical drive connected, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Sharing.
- Select the DVD or CD Sharing checkbox.
- To be notified when a computer tries to access your optical drive, select “Ask me before allowing others to use my DVD drive.”
How do I find the CD ROM on my Mac?
If you don’t see a CD, DVD, or Blu-ray drive on Mac
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > About This Mac.
- Click System Report, then click Disc Burning and review the information for your optical drive.
Can you play old CD ROM games on Mac?
Apple sells an external optical USB SuperDrive for around $80 which will allow you to use your original media to play games. For quickness you might want to just use disk images though, which contain all the data found on a CD or DVD, as a file stored on your computer.
How do you burn a CD on a MacBook Air?
Burn CDs and DVDs on Mac
- Insert a blank disc into your optical drive.
- Double-click the disc to open its window, then drag the files and folders you want to burn to the window.
- Arrange and rename the files.
- Choose File > Burn [disc], then follow the instructions.
Why doesn’t my Mac have a CD slot?
The CD/DVD SuperDrive is no longer built into the iMac. Basically it comes down to the fact that there is no optical drive thin enough to be installed into the ultra thin iMac enclosure. You need to either purchase Apple’s own external drive for $79 U.S.D or purchase a third party external CD/DVD optical drive.
Does MacBook Pro have CD drive?
Apple has discontinued its non-Retina legacy MacBook Pro, the last Mac it sold with a built-in CD/DVD drive. As with the 12-inch MacBook, a dongle would be needed to use the SuperDrive with new MacBook Pros that have switched to USB-C ports.
How do I put a CD in?
Once the tray is partially open:
- Slide the drive tray out fully. Attention: Do not touch the drive lens.
- Align the center hole of CD with the drive spindle.
- Install the CD by pressing the CD near the center until all three positive lock-down devices on the drive spindle lock into place.
- Carefully close tray.
Why is my DVD not playing on my Mac?
DVD not be recognized/read usually happens when you insert DVD disc improperly, have a damaged disc or DVD drive, or your DVD drive driver goes outdated. For that, you can repair or buy a new DVD drive, or reset NVRAM (or PRAM) via press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys to shut down your computer and turn on later.
How do I connect my DVD to my MacBook air?
On your MacBook Air, open a Finder window and look for the Remote Disc entry under the Devices heading. Select it and you’ll see any Macs on your local network that have a media drive. Into the Mac with the media drive, insert a data CD or DVD.
How do I reset the USB ports on my Mac laptop?
Press the (left) Shift + Ctrl + Option keys and the power button at the same time, and hold them down for a few seconds. You should see the light on the power adapter change colour or blink to indicate the SMC has been reset. Release all the keys and the power button.
What is the Spotlight icon on Mac?
Click on the Spotlight button in the menu bar; it looks like a magnifying glass. Or, use the Command + Space keyboard shortcut. The Spotlight search field will appear in the middle of your screen. Type in your search query.
How do I get my Mac to recognize my external CD drive?
Go to Finder > Preferences. Now verify that External Disks and Hard Drives have a checkmark in the box. If not, click it to enable your external drive icons to show on your desktop.