Play CDs in Music on Mac
- In the Music app on your Mac, insert an audio CD into your computer’s CD or DVD drive, or into an external drive that’s connected to your computer.
- If a dialog appears (depending on what you chose to happen when you insert a CD), click Cancel.
- Play a song from the CD by double-clicking it.
- 1 How do I play a CD on my MacBook Pro?
- 2 Does 2019 MacBook Pro have a CD drive?
- 3 Do MacBook Pros have CD slots?
- 4 Why won’t my MacBook Pro Play CDs?
- 5 How do I insert a CD into my MacBook Pro 2020?
- 6 How do I play a DVD on my MacBook Pro 2020?
- 7 How do I burn a CD?
- 8 Do any Macs have a CD drive?
- 9 Which MacBook has a CD slot?
- 10 Will a MacBook Pro work without a CD drive?
- 11 How do I burn a CD on a MacBook?
- 12 Can you put a CD in a MacBook Air?
- 13 Why can’t I play a DVD on my MacBook pro?
- 14 How do I get my SuperDrive to work on my MacBook pro?
How do I play a CD on my MacBook Pro?
Playing a DVD on a Mac is extremely simple. Just insert the DVD into your Super DVD drive (Super DVD drive is Apple’s optical disc reading and writing technology). The DVD player will open automatically and start playing the disc. You can open it using the Menu and click Play to run the movie.
Does 2019 MacBook Pro have a CD drive?
Question: Q: Does 2018-2019 MacBook Pro 13 in have CD Answer: A: No. You would need to use an external CD/DVD drive such as the Apple USB SuperDrive.
Do MacBook Pros have CD slots?
Oh yeah, it does. It comes with the CD/DVD slot. The newest Apple – MacBook Pro with Retina Display – 13.3″ however does not come with the CD/DVD slot. If you want a cd/dvd drive you will have to purchase an external one.
Why won’t my MacBook Pro Play CDs?
Make sure the disc is correctly placed in the drive. See if the disc is dirty or damaged. The easiest way to do this is to try it in another computer with a compatible drive. If it’s an audio CD or a video DVD, you might also try it in a CD or DVD player.
How do I insert a CD into my MacBook Pro 2020?
Insert CDs and DVDs into Mac
- Turn the disc label so it faces up or toward you.
- Insert the disc into the optical drive until you feel the drive catch and pull the disc in. You must insert the disc nearly all the way in before the drive pulls it in.
How do I play a DVD on my MacBook Pro 2020?
Play a DVD movie file stored on your Mac
- In the DVD Player app on your Mac, Choose File > Open DVD Media.
- Navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder that contains the movie file you want to play, then click Open.
How do I burn a CD?
Open the disc drive, insert a blank CD-R, data CD, or DVD, and close the drive. If the AutoPlay dialogue box opens, close it. If your computer has multiple drives, click the Burn Options menu, click More burn options, and then click the Devices tab to select the drive you want to use.
Do any Macs have a CD drive?
Cupertino’s own Apple USB SuperDrive Apple’s branded playable/burnable CD/DVD drive is the perfect complement to your iMac or MacBook Pro unless you have a late 2016 or newer MacBook Pro. If you do, you’ll need the USB-C to USB adapter.
Which MacBook has a CD slot?
The last Apple Mac to ship with an optical CD or DVD drive was a 13in MacBook Pro, originally released in June 2012, but on sale until October 2016, when Apple discontinued that model, more information about the last Mac to ship with a SuperDrive below. Since that date Apple has not sold any Macs with optical drives.
Will a MacBook Pro work without a CD drive?
Simple answer, yes.
How do I burn a CD on a MacBook?
Insert a blank DVD or CD into your SuperDrive or non-Apple drive, and macOS will ask what you want to do. You can add files and folders, give the disc a name and, finally, click the Burn button to write everything to disc. You can also use Disk Utility to burn disk images to DVD or CD.
Can you put a CD in a MacBook Air?
Apple’s MacBook Air, along with many other Macs, no longer includes an optical drive. But you can still use CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, and other optical discs on your Mac.
Why can’t I play a DVD on my MacBook pro?
DVD not be recognized/read usually happens when you insert DVD disc improperly, have a damaged disc or DVD drive, or your DVD drive driver goes outdated. For that, you can repair or buy a new DVD drive, or reset NVRAM (or PRAM) via press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys to shut down your computer and turn on later.
How do I get my SuperDrive to work on my MacBook pro?
To use your SuperDrive, connect it to a USB-A port on your Mac*, then insert a disc. Make sure that the aluminum enclosure of the SuperDrive is facing up. To connect your SuperDrive to a Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) or USB-C port on your Mac, you can use one of these adapters: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter.