Open your computer to the start screen and simultaneously hold the “Windows” key and the “E_”_ on your keyboard to open the disc drive. This keyboard shortcut sends an eject-disc signal to the drive. If nothing happens, open the “Control Panel” and right-click on “CD/DVD Drive.” Click “Eject” to open the disc tray.
- 1 How do I open my CD drive without the button?
- 2 How do you open the CD drive on a Dell laptop?
- 3 Why is my CD drive not opening on my Dell laptop?
- 4 How do I open my CD drive?
- 5 How do I open the CD drive on my keyboard?
- 6 Where is the eject button on Dell laptop?
- 7 How do you open the CD drive on a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series?
- 8 How do I fix the CD drive on my laptop that wont open?
- 9 When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens Windows 10?
- 10 Why is my cd rom not working?
- 11 Why is my blank CD not showing up?
- 12 How do I enable my CD drive in Windows 10?
The Eject key is usually located near the volume controls and is marked by a triangle pointing up with a line underneath. In Windows, search for and open File Explorer. In the Computer window, select the icon for the disc drive that is stuck, right-click the icon, and then click Eject. The disc tray should open.
How do you open the CD drive on a Dell laptop?
Eject the disc within the Operating System
- Press the Windows key + E to open Windows Explorer or File Explorer.
- Click on Computer or My PC on the left pane of the window.
- Right-click on the CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive icon and select Eject.
Why is my CD drive not opening on my Dell laptop?
Eject the disc within the Operating System To eject the tray within the Operating System, follow these steps: Press the Windows key + E to open Windows Explorer or File Explorer. Click on Computer or My PC on the left pane of the window. Right-click on the CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive icon and select Eject.
How do I open my CD drive?
The CD/DVD drive may be opened by pressing a button on the drive. If the drive does not open by pressing a button on the drive, or the button is not available on the drive, try the emergency eject or eject using Windows.
How do I open the CD drive on my keyboard?
Pressing CTRL+SHIFT+O will activate the “Open CDROM” shortcut and will open the door of your CD-ROM. Pressing CTRL+SHIFT+C will activate the “Close CDROM”shortcut and will close the door of your CD-ROM.
Press the “Power” button to turn on the Dell Studio laptop. Press the “Eject” button on the keyboard. This button features an arrow pointing upward and a line at the bottom, and is located in the upper-right corner of the keyboard.
How do you open the CD drive on a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series?
How to eject a disc from CD/DVD drive – Dell Inspiron 15 3000
- Press Windows Key + E.
- Click on This PC.
- Right click on the CD/DVD drive that contains the disc and click on Eject.
How do I fix the CD drive on my laptop that wont open?
If the door still does not open, insert the end of a straightened paper clip into the manual eject hole on the front of the drive.
- Close all programs and shut down the computer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power outlet.
- Look for the small hole on the faceplate of the disc drive.
When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens Windows 10?
This probably occurs because Windows 10 disables autoplay by default. Hold down the Windows + R keys to open the Run window. Select Browse and navigate to the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive (usually your D drive).
Why is my cd rom not working?
Corruption in Windows If the CD-ROM works in Safe Mode but not in normal Windows, a running program is causing the issue, or the drivers are corrupt. Open Device Manager, highlight and remove the CD-ROM by pressing the delete key. Windows should then detect the CD-ROM and reinstall it.
Why is my blank CD not showing up?
Computer CD-R drives are used to burn files onto a blank CD. If your computer doesn’t recognize the blank CDs, more than likely, the CD drive has an outdated driver or the wrong driver has been installed on the system. Log into your system as an administrator if you are prompted.
How do I enable my CD drive in Windows 10?
Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. Exit Device Manager then restart your computer. Windows 10 will detect the drive then reinstall it.