Select “General,” then scroll down until you see “Remove everything and reinstall Windows.” Click on “Get Started,” then select “Next.” Select “Clean the drive fully.” This option wipes your hard drive, and reinstalls Windows 8 like new. Click on “Reset” to confirm that you want to reinstall Windows 8.
- 1 How do I factory reset my computer without a disk?
- 2 How do I factory reset my Dell laptop Windows 8.1 without CD?
- 3 What format does Windows 8.1 use?
- 4 Can we format laptop without CD?
- 5 How do I do a factory reset?
- 6 How do I reformat Windows 10 without a disk?
- 7 How do I Reset my Windows 8.1 laptop without a password?
- 8 How do I install Windows 8.1 on my laptop?
- 9 How do I refresh my Windows 8.1 laptop?
- 10 How can I install Windows 8.1 for free?
- 11 How do I restore Windows 8 without a disk?
- 12 How long does Windows 8.1 take to install?
- 13 Can I reformat my laptop by myself?
- 14 How do I format a CD in Windows 10?
- 15 How can I open my laptop if I forgot my password?
How do I factory reset my computer without a disk?
Restore without installation CD/DVD
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Log in as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt appears, type this command: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.
How do I factory reset my Dell laptop Windows 8.1 without CD?
How to run Windows 8.1 System Restore – Method II
- Open the Power User Tasks Menu and click on System.
- Click on the System protection link in the left pane.
- If prompted by the User Account Control (UAC), then click on Yes.
- Click on the System Restore button.
- Click on Next.
What format does Windows 8.1 use?
If you are reinstalling Windows 8, select the drive that currently contains Windows 8. Click “Format”. This will format the drive using the NTFS file system, which is the file system used by the Windows operating system.
Can we format laptop without CD?
You can format your Windows laptop through its settings menu by performing what is called a ” System Reset.” This will delete all files from the laptop while reinstalling your Windows operating system with its default settings intact. To do this, you’ll need to access the Recovery menu.
How do I do a factory reset?
How to perform Factory Reset on Android smartphone?
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
How do I reformat Windows 10 without a disk?
Restore without an installation CD:
- Go to “Start” > “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Recovery”.
- Under “Reset this PC option”, tap “Get Started”.
- Choose “Remove everything” and then choose to “Remove files and clean the drive”.
- Finally, click “Reset” to begin reinstalling Windows 10.
How do I Reset my Windows 8.1 laptop without a password?
Hold down the SHIFT key and click on the Power icon visible on the bottom right of Windows 8 login screen, then click Restart option. In a moment you’ll see the recovery screen. click on the Troubleshoot option. Now click on the Reset your PC option.
How do I install Windows 8.1 on my laptop?
Windows 8.1 clean install.
- Turn on your PC so that Windows starts normally, insert the Windows 8.1 DVD or USB flash drive, and then shut down your PC.
- Restart your PC.
- Please setup language along with other preferences and click [Next].
- Click [Install now] to start the process.
How do I refresh my Windows 8.1 laptop?
- Click “Change PC settings”.
- Click “General” -> Select “Refresh your PC without affecting your files ” -> Click “Get started”.
- If the operating system is “Windows 8.1”, please click “Update and recovery”, then select [Refresh your PC without affecting your files].
- Click “Next”.
How can I install Windows 8.1 for free?
Here’s how to download the official Windows 8.1 ISO:
- Step 1: Go to Microsoft’s page for upgrading to Windows 8 with a product key, then click on the light blue “Install Windows 8” button.
- Step 2: Launch the setup file (Windows8-Setup.exe) and enter your Windows 8 product key when prompted.
How do I restore Windows 8 without a disk?
Select “General,” then scroll down until you see “Remove everything and reinstall Windows.” Click on “Get Started,” then select “Next.” Select “Clean the drive fully.” This option wipes your hard drive, and reinstalls Windows 8 like new. Click on “ Reset ” to confirm that you want to reinstall Windows 8.
How long does Windows 8.1 take to install?
Download and installation times vary from about 30 minutes to several hours, depending on your internet connection speed and the speed and configuration of your PC, but you can still use your PC while the update is installing in the background.
Can I reformat my laptop by myself?
Anyone can reformat their own laptop easily. Before you begin the process of reformatting your computer, you need to backup all of your information on an external hard drive or CDs and external hard drive or you will lose them.
How do I format a CD in Windows 10?
How to format a CD or DVD in Windows 10
- Right click on the Start button, then click on File Explorer.
- On the left side of File Explorer, click This PC.
- Right click on the CD / DVD drive, then click Format.
- On the Format window, select the specific options for the formatting, then click on Start.
How can I open my laptop if I forgot my password?
- Select the Reset password link on the sign-in screen. If you use a PIN instead, see PIN sign-in issues. If you’re using a work device that’s on a network, you may not see an option to reset your password or PIN.
- Answer your security questions.
- Enter a new password.
- Sign in as usual with the new password.