You can usually eject a CD or DVD from the desktop or from a Finder window.
To eject a disc from your Mac, do any of the following:
- Eject a disc from the desktop: Select the disc you want to eject, then choose File > Eject [disc].
- Eject a disc from an optical drive: Press the Eject key.
- 1 How do you force eject a CD from a Mac?
- 2 How do I eject a CD from my Mac without an icon?
- 3 Where is the eject button on a MacBook Air?
- 4 What does the Eject icon look like on a Mac?
- 5 How do I manually shut down my Mac?
- 6 How do I force eject a CD?
- 7 How do I eject a stuck CD?
- 8 How do I manually eject a CD from Apple Superdrive?
- 9 Why is my Mac not showing my CD drive?
- 10 What does eject in Mac mean?
- 11 What is eject button on MacBook Air?
- 12 How do I eject a USB from my MacBook air?
How do you force eject a CD from a Mac?
Mac OS X – Force Ejecting a CD
- Restart your computer, and hold down the mouse button. If you have a 2 button mouse, hold down the left click.
- If your computer has an eject key on the keyboard, restart the computer again, this time holding the eject key.
- Open a Terminal window and type in drutil tray eject.
How do I eject a CD from my Mac without an icon?
In iTunes, you can press “Command-E” or open the “Controls” menu and choose “Eject Disk.” In Disk Utility, press “Command-E,” open the “File” menu and choose “Eject” or click on the name of the disk in the sidebar and press the “Eject” button at the top of the floating window.
Look at the bottom of the sidebar in any Finder window. There will be an eject button next to the CD.
What does the Eject icon look like on a Mac?
The Eject menu icon is added to the menu bar (the icon is a chevron with a line beneath it ). Select the Eject menu icon to display all the optical drives attached to the Mac. An Open or Close command appears, depending on each drive’s current state.
How do I manually shut down my Mac?
Press and hold the power button to force your Mac to shut down. You can also force shutdown your Mac by pressing the Control+Option+Command+Eject keystroke combination.
How do I force eject a CD?
Eject the disc within the Operating System
- Press the Windows key + E to open Windows Explorer or File Explorer.
- Click on Computer or My PC on the left pane of the window.
- Right-click on the CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive icon and select Eject.
How do I eject a stuck CD?
Press your CD player’s power and eject buttons down at the same time, holding them for about ten seconds. If your stereo has a “force eject” feature, it should spit out the CD. If this doesn’t work, start the car and try again. Some CD players may not function when the car is turned off.
How do I manually eject a CD from Apple Superdrive?
Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the left mouse button until the disc ejects. Press the Eject button on your keyboard. Click on the Eject button in the menubar. Press COMMAND-E.
Why is my Mac not showing my CD drive?
Your Mac may not have an optical drive. On your Mac, choose Apple menu > About This Mac. Click System Report, then click Disc Burning and review the information for your optical drive. If you don’t see a drive listed that supports discs in CD, DVD, or Blu-ray format, it means an optical drive isn’t available.
What does eject in Mac mean?
The eject button closes the installer part of the app. It does not uninstall the application assuming you moved the. app to the applications folder. Some people try and run the app from the installation package. It will work but as soon as you eject it the program is no longer run-able.
The eject button is used for some handy OS X keyboard shortcuts. Eject alone – ejects the optical disc caddy if one is present. Option-Eject – when a send drive is connected, it ejects the disc caddy. Option-Command-Eject – puts computer to sleep.
How do I eject a USB from my MacBook air?
Eject a storage device (USB drive, flash drive, or other device)
- Select the item to eject, then choose File > Eject.
- In the Finder sidebar, click the Eject button next to the item’s name.
- On the desktop, drag the item that you want to eject to the Trash.