Select “General,” then scroll down until you see “Remove everything and reinstall Windows.” Click on “Get Started,” then select “Next.” Select “Clean the drive fully.” This option wipes your hard drive, and reinstalls Windows 8 like new. Click on “Reset” to confirm that you want to reinstall Windows 8.
- 1 How do you reformat a Windows 8 laptop?
- 2 How do I factory reset my computer without a disk?
- 3 How do I reformat my HP laptop Windows 8 without CD?
- 4 How do I Reset my Windows 8 computer without a password?
- 5 How can go to Safe Mode in Windows 8?
- 6 How do I do a factory reset?
- 7 How do I reformat Windows 10 without a disk?
- 8 How do you Reset your computer to factory?
- 9 How do I fix Windows 8.1 ran into a problem?
- 10 How can I repair my Windows 8?
- 11 How can I format my HP laptop without CD?
- 12 How do I get into my Windows 8 if I forgot my password?
- 13 How do I log into Windows 8 as an administrator?
How do you reformat a Windows 8 laptop?
Factory reset Windows 8
- The first step is to open the system settings using the Windows shortcut ‘Windows’ key + ‘i’.
- From there, select “Change PC settings”.
- Click on “Update & Recovery” and then on “Recovery”.
- Then select “Get started” under the heading “Remove everything and reinstall Windows”.
How do I factory reset my computer without a disk?
Restore without installation CD/DVD
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Log in as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt appears, type this command: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.
How do I reformat my HP laptop Windows 8 without CD?
To do this, you need to open the Choose an option screen.
- Start your computer and press the F11 key repeatedly.
- On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- Click Reset your PC.
- On the Reset your PC screen, click Next.
- Read and respond to any screens that open.
- Wait while Windows resets your computer.
How do I Reset my Windows 8 computer without a password?
Hold down the SHIFT key and click on the Power icon visible on the bottom right of Windows 8 login screen, then click Restart option. In a moment you’ll see the recovery screen. click on the Troubleshoot option. Now click on the Reset your PC option.
How can go to Safe Mode in Windows 8?
Hold the Shift key while clicking Restart from the Shut down or sign out menu. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart. After the PC restarts, there is a list of options. Select 4 or F4 or Fn+F4 (following the on-screen instructions) to start the PC in Safe Mode.
How do I do a factory reset?
How to perform Factory Reset on Android smartphone?
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
How do I reformat Windows 10 without a disk?
Restore without an installation CD:
- Go to “Start” > “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Recovery”.
- Under “Reset this PC option”, tap “Get Started”.
- Choose “Remove everything” and then choose to “Remove files and clean the drive”.
- Finally, click “Reset” to begin reinstalling Windows 10.
How do you Reset your computer to factory?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
How do I fix Windows 8.1 ran into a problem?
Method 1: Perform an Automatic Repair of Windows 8 using the installation media. a) Contact the computer manufacturer to change the boot order of the computer. You will have to change the boot device to CD/DVD drive and then boot from the Windows 8 installation disc.
How can I repair my Windows 8?
To do so, follow these steps:
- Insert the original installation DVD or USB Drive.
- Restart your computer.
- Boot from the disc/USB.
- At the Install screen, click Repair your computer or press R.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Command Prompt.
- Type these commands: bootrec /FixMbr bootrec /FixBoot bootrec /ScanOs bootrec /RebuildBcd.
How can I format my HP laptop without CD?
The first step is to turn your HP laptop on. You can also restart it if it is already on. Once it begins the booting process, keep clicking the F11 key until the computer boots to Recovery Manager. That is the software you will use to reset your laptop.
How do I get into my Windows 8 if I forgot my password?
Go to account.live.com/password/reset and follow the on-screen prompts. You can reset a forgotten Windows 8 password online like this only if you’re using a Microsoft account. If you’re using a local account, your password is not stored with Microsoft online and so can’t be reset by them.
How do I log into Windows 8 as an administrator?
Windows 8.1: Opening the Command Prompt as Administrator
- Go to Windows 8.1 UI by pushing the Windows key on the keyboard.
- Type cmd on the keyboard, which will bring up the Windows 8.1 search.
- Right click on the Command Prompt app.
- Click the “Run as administrator” button at the bottom of the screen.