Kindly try the below steps and check if it helps.
- Locate the eject button near the disc tray. This button is usually directly to the left or right of the disc tray.
- Press the eject button firmly and quickly. The tray should slide open.
- Press the eject button a second time to close the disc tray.
- 1 How do I eject a CD from my laptop without the button?
- 2 How do I eject a CD from my CD drive?
- 3 Where is the eject button on a laptop keyboard?
- 4 How do you fix a CD that won’t eject?
- 5 How do I open a jammed CD drive on my computer?
- 6 Why is my CD drive not detected?
- 7 How do you open the CD drive on a Dell laptop without the button?
- 8 When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens Windows 10?
- 9 What is the shortcut key to eject CD?
- 10 How do I open the CD drive on my keyboard?
- 11 How do you force eject on Windows 10?
The Eject key is usually located near the volume controls and is marked by a triangle pointing up with a line underneath. In Windows, search for and open File Explorer. In the Computer window, select the icon for the disc drive that is stuck, right-click the icon, and then click Eject. The disc tray should open.
How do I eject a CD from my CD drive?
Look closely at the front panel of your CD or DVD drive – you should see a tiny hole. Push the wire into this little hole: you should feel a bit of resistance, but the paper clip will push in further and the disc tray will eject slightly. Pull the disc tray into the open position and remove the disc.
Eject buttons are usually right beside the drive door. Some PCs have eject keys on the keyboard, usually near volume controls. Look for key with an upward-pointing triangle with a horizontal line underneath.
How do you fix a CD that won’t eject?
Follow these steps to troubleshoot this issue:
- Power off your CD player.
- Unplug the power cord for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.
- Power on your device.
- Try to open or close the disc drawer or tray. Note: Make sure nothing blocks the tray from opening or closing.
How do I open a jammed CD drive on my computer?
How to Open a Jammed CD/DVD Drive
- Step 1: The Paper Clip. Straighten out one leg of the paper clip.
- Step 2: The Small Hole. Find the small hole on your CD drive, it is usually near the button.
- Step 3: Stick the Clip Into the Hole. Stick the clip into the hole and gently push until the door opens.
- Step 4: Finish.
Why is my CD drive not detected?
Reinstall or Update Driver in Device Manager Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. Windows 10 will detect the drive then reinstall it.
Open your computer to the start screen and simultaneously hold the “Windows” key and the “E_”_ on your keyboard to open the disc drive. This keyboard shortcut sends an eject-disc signal to the drive. If nothing happens, open the “Control Panel” and right-click on “CD/DVD Drive.” Click “Eject” to open the disc tray.
When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens Windows 10?
This probably occurs because Windows 10 disables autoplay by default. Hold down the Windows + R keys to open the Run window. Select Browse and navigate to the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive (usually your D drive).
What is the shortcut key to eject CD?
Windows 10 Press Windows + E on the keyboard to open File Explorer. Right-click the optical drive and choose Eject from the pop-up menu.
How do I open the CD drive on my keyboard?
Pressing CTRL+SHIFT+O will activate the “Open CDROM” shortcut and will open the door of your CD-ROM. Pressing CTRL+SHIFT+C will activate the “Close CDROM”shortcut and will close the door of your CD-ROM.
How do you force eject on Windows 10?
Go to the Start Menu, type in Disk Management and hit Enter. Locate the external hard drive that you want to eject. Right-click on your external hard drive and select ‘Eject’.